- January 1, 2019
- Cedar Lodge Dental
by Megan Sanders
In early October my days became a whole different type of “normal”. My entire life I’ve dreamed of growing up and becoming successful, accomplished, and a loving person. There were three large tasks I wanted to achieve in my life:
- Marry the love of my life and keep him forever.
- Graduate a dental hygienist and make a difference in someone’s smile.
- Become a mother to raise and guide my littles into hard working/respectable adults.
I always looked at my personal goals as a checklist in my head, but now, I’m living that checked-off check-list day by day. I loved my maternity leave. Spending countless hours snuggling Anson day in and day out, but eventually, I longed to get back to work. That’s right, I’ll say it, and I’ll be real here. I love my son, but I also love my job, and I love having a routine. Although suddenly my “routine” was completely different, and soon realized how much I rely on my husband, and how lucky I am to have him. I’ve matured to have a whole new understanding and appreciation for parents in all different type of situations: single, married, divorced, stay at home moms, and working moms.
- I’m happy to spend my weekdays serving, chatting, and laughing with my patient’s.
- I’m excited to spend my weekday evenings with my husband and son.
- And I long for the weekends to catch up on family time.
I feel so blessed to have been gifted this life. And although it’s changed over the years, and some days are harder than others, this is my new normal. And I absolutely love living my accomplished checklist.